Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: Vehicle Systems Technician II
Job Location: Wallops Island, VA
Labor Category: Non- Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Vehicle Systems Technician II will provide support to NASA’s sounding rocket experiments.
- Responsibility of performing inspection, assembly, testing, and checkout, shipping of various rocket motors, igniters, and electro‐explosive devices according to written procedures.
- Responsible for inspection, acceptance, assembly, testing and checkout of all vehicle inert hardware such as fins, tail cans, interstages, launch lugs, adapters, electro‐mechanical devices, etc.
- Perform non‐routine assignments required to support a complete mission project involving the transporting, assembly, checkout and launch of various rocket vehicle systems.
- Perform flight preparation and checkout of all launch vehicle hardware and systems to meet flight readiness.
- Perform safe launch vehicle and pad operations prior to and during countdowns under the direction of the launch pad supervisor.
- Use approved documentation and safety principles while performing hazardous related duties at WFF and other launch sites worldwide.
- Transport rocket motors and explosives over roads and highways
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- 8 years of related experience
- Associate Degree in Electronic or Mechanical Technology or equivalent military / trade school training
- Education or experience in general electronics is mandatory
- Knowledge and practical application required to perform inspection, assembly, testing, checkout, and flight preparation of rocket motors, stages, launch vehicles, rocket launchers, and other related flight hardware and GSE
- Apply safe launch vehicle and pad operations prior to and during count down.
- Ability to interface effectively with scientists and engineers
- Training and Certifications in the following may be required:
- Crane Operator Certification per NASA‐STD‐8719.9 w/Change 2 and NPR 8715.3C
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6A
- Forklift Operator Certification per GPR 8719.1B
- General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
- Hazardous Materials Handlers (see Safety and Health Plan)
- High Pressure Operations per GSFC/WFF 800‐PG‐8715.0.4A
- Mate / Demate per NASA‐STD‐8739.4 w/Change 6
- Ordnance / Pyrotechnics Certification per GSFC/WFF 800‐PG‐8715.0.2C
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.