Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
SVP, Business Development
Fairfax, VA (Preferred)
Colorado Springs, CO
Possible Remote option
Top Secret or ability to obtain TS Clearance
Other Agency Clearances as Required
Up to 25% of the time
$250,000 – $300,000
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a rapidly growing family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies owned by the largest Tribe in Alaska (Tlingit & Haida). THTBC engages in business to improve the economic condition of Tlingit & Haida, comprised of over 34,000 Tribal citizens.
For over 35 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US federal contractor worldwide, with employees in across the U.S., US. territories, and 6 countries. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions in the GovCon industry as prime contractor, subcontractor, and member of joint ventures with 100% of the company’s business in the Government contracting (services) industry.
As a Tribally-owned company, THTBC is not subject to acquisition and is among the fastest growing companies in the GovCon industry and so there is no risk of reorganization associated with acquisitions. As a native entity owned company it is eligible to bid (and obtain on a sole source basis) all full and open, small business, 8(a), small, disadvantaged business and HUBZone conferences. The company has a track record of obtaining soles source work.
Large Prime Contractors are generally required to subcontract approximately 23% of contract value to small business. The company has existing relationships with most of the largest service companies in the GovCon industry. These relationships have the potential to grow significantly as the company increases the number of capture managers involved in teaming at the large businesses. The company’s current blend of business consists of approximately 50% Prime Contracts and 50% subcontracts from Large Primes
This position is a senior executive leadership role with oversight of Business Development, Capture, and Proposals. This position is entrusted with the responsibility of shaping and executing the company’s overall business plan to align with the company’s corporate strategy across all its business lines.
THTBC’s primary business divisions consist of Information technology, Engineering and Professional Services, Infrastructure (which includes Base Operations Support Services, Facilities Maintenance, Port Ops/Logistics). THTBC is also undergoing growth in emerging business lines including Aviation Support Services as well as Supply & Procurement. It is the IT / Engineering & Professional Services divisions that are growing the fastest.
THTBC is the awardee of many prestigious industry awards including the National Native Company of the Year and DPW Army Contractor of the Year (global). In addition, the company maintains among the highest employee satisfaction scores for its industry on Glassdoor and prides itself in fostering a company culture of transparency and strong code of business ethics and conduct. The position title and salary range commensurate with experience. The role is positioned for long term career advancement and growth with THTBC.
Scope of Work:
This position, reporting to the CEO, is the most senior business development position in the company, responsible for shaping and executing the company’s business plan so that it aligns with THTBC’s overall corporate strategy and vision. In addition to the day-to-day responsibilities of leading Business Development, Capture, Bid & Proposal professionals, this senior leader will collaborate with other key senior leaders across the back-office including Finance, Operations, Legal, Contracts, Compliance, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Security.
The senior leader would attend various conferences, trade shows, trade organizations, industry days, site visits, and current job sites as which align with the company’s portfolio. Nearly all of these events occur in Northern Virginia.
Individual must be a talented executive, organizer, and communicator; have a proven track record with customer relationships and strategic partnerships; be able to implement policies and systems to create a high-performance organizational culture; implementing CRM; delivering results by building accountability and responsibility within a diverse workforce; ability to create a positive working environment characterized by teamwork and innovation; and have a background in Government contracting services in some combination of Base Operations Support Services, facilities maintenance, Information Technology; Professional Services, Engineering Services, Training Services, Logistics, Aviation Repair & Maintenance, Supply & Procurement.
- Oversight of the company’s business portfolios, prioritizing company strategy to maximize the greatest return on allocated business development, capture and proposal resources.
- Implement customer relationship management (CRM) that is scalable with a growing organization
- Responsible for executing THTBC leadership’s vision and strategy, communicating a strategic business plan with all those involved, executing the business initiatives, and sustaining implementation efforts.
- Negotiate business terms on the largest and most impactful business deals impacting the strategy and growth of the company.
- Analyze the company’s applicable markets and offerings under company’s current business plan and position the company to deliver in set markets and offerings.
- Drive Business Development, Capture, Proposals, functions to meet set KPIs.
- Find important projects, ventures, potential targets, and other partnership opportunities aligned with the company’s strategy and growth.
- Serve as a head business lead with key strategic partners.
- Ensure any applicable metrics and performance pointers are in place in order to measure all progress.
- Identify strategic risks and help to reduce these risks in balance with the company’s growth.
- Work collaboratively across the company as needed to support various back-office functions and shared services.
- Provide strategic leadership, innovative solutions, and broad-based knowledge to uphold the Company’s values, create a positive culture, and support a high-performing staff.
- Ensure marketing and corporate communications are aligned with the leadership’s strategic vision values.
- Build talent development opportunities for our BD workforce.
- Responsible for research and development, service development, sales, and marketing.
- Work with HR to recruit, hire, train BD professionals, evaluate employee performance, and recommend or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary action within Business Development, Proposals, and Capture.
- Travel to conferences; trade shows; industry days; site visits as required
- Work closely with the business unit heads to identify and respond to BD opportunities on current programs
- Elevates questions to the CEO as necessary
- An established network of strategic partners, colleagues, connections with US Government customers and prime contractors.
- A respected, highly ethical, established business professional in US Government contracting.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills and proven track record as a manager and senior leader.
- Executive presence with excellent oral and written communication skills in conveying a company’s value proposition.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, plus a minimum of (10) ten years Business Development experience as a Federal contractor however, related contractor experience in lieu of Business Development where senior leadership GovCon positions included functions in portfolio management, capture, proposals, P&L responsibility, and operations. Military service and/or Federal Government Civilian senior leadership positions with U.S. Government may also be considered.
- Proven track record building winning portfolios in government contracts (services).
- A strong negotiator, in conjunction with legal counsel and contracts professionals, to navigate key business terms in teaming agreements, subcontracts, joint ventures and other contracts of strategic importance to the company
- Education and/or professional experience in related field preferred: information technology, engineering services, professional services, training services, logistics.
- Federal contractor experience related to THTBC’s present lines of business including, Base Operations Support Services, Facilities Maintenance, Aviation Maintenance & Operations, Information Technology, Engineering & Professional Services, Training Services, Logistics, Supply & Procurement strongly desired.
- Active top-secret clearance, secret security clearance or ability to obtain TS clearance.
- Working knowledge of SCA, CBAs, DBA, FAR, DFARS, SBA regulations desired.
- Expertise in utilization of various Small Business Administration socio-economic categories and certification preferred.
- Strong relationship within large Prime contractors in the GOVCON Services space is a significant factor.
- Expertise in marketing and winning sole source work also highly desirable.
- Position is located in Fairfax, Virginia corporate office with hybrid / remote flexibility.
- For positions requiring use of a company and/or customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record within the past 36 months, as defined by company policy.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Total compensation includes base salary, bonus, and incentive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued PTO
- Paid holidays (11 days)
- 401(k) or Executive Retirement Wrap plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.