Site Quality Control and Safety Manager
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Site Quality Control and Safety Manager provides direction, leadership, and guidance to ensure alignment with corporate/contract quality policies, strategic objectives, and organizational goals that are accomplished safe, on-time, and error free. In addition, responsible for the Environmental and Safety operations of the organization.
- Provides direction, leadership, and guidance to ensure alignment with corporate/contract quality policies, strategic objectives and organizational goals that are accomplished safe, on-time and error free.
- Provides effective Contract review for Quality specifications and adherence prior to new contract proposals and awards, then interacts closely with customers to proactively mitigate disruptions and maintain strong working relationships.
- Champions a sustainable and robust Quality Management System that strictly complies with ISO 9001 and PWS requirements.
- Serves as a liaison for executive management for potential changes and impact on the Quality Management System.
- Generates reports on the suitability of the Quality program, manages several important cross-functional processes including, Contract Reviews, Supplier Quality, In-Process Quality Assurance, and quality of workmanship.
- Responsible for identifying, analyzing and developing improvements in productivity, quality, customer relationships, and customer service.
- Utilizes quality body of principles to champion best in class QMS Program across the organization to reduce lead times, increase quality, on-time delivery, and reduce cost.
- Communicates with various Government professionals in a manner that upholds high levels of expectations.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all quality related issues to include enforcement of Quality Control Plans, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and operations related to business/ contractual processes, integration, modification, maintenance, repair and overhaul.
- Establish processes and procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety.
- Responsible for implementation and maintenance of the company quality system, reporting on performance of the quality system for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
- Communicates a clear vision to ensure line of sight to functional goals for key functional participants.
- Studies accident hazards and health risks and recommends the necessary preventive and corrective measures and safety equipment.
- Educate personnel in existing hazards and develop safety consciousness, ensures that company is in compliance with federal, state, and local laws, dealing with accident and health hazards.
- Make periodic safety inspections and prepare reports.
- Establish safety standard operating policies and procedures in accordance with OSHA regulations and standards.
- Maintains OSHA log and other required safety/accident record keeping requirements.
- Serves as central point of contact for all safety related matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred with at least 5+ years of Quality Management and HSE related experience.
- Professional certification from American Society for Quality (ASQ) in quality management and/or quality engineering preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified preferred.
- Previous experience in MAXIMO CMMS or similar CMMS software is strongly preferred.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow up.
- Must have knowledge of OSHA standards for all general industry safety programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work with all levels of Management, Supervisors, internal and external customers, and coworkers.
- Must be able to handle sensitive information.
- Ability to read, interpret and technically discuss drawings, specifications, regulations applicable to federal and civilian applications.
- Problem solving skills using Quality Assurance industry techniques, tools and resources.
- Experience conducting quality assurance (QA) and safety surveillances or audits and techniques; analyzing data to identify negative trends; and recommending solutions for quality and safety deficiencies.
- Microsoft Office software experience (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Demonstrate leadership by modeling desired behaviors appropriate to the work environment and adhering to the company values, vision and operating principles.
- Perform all assigned duties in accordance with established policies, procedures, and directives.
- Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Strong presentations skills including public speaking.
- Accurately maintain and update records to enable quick and efficient retrieval of information.
- Consistently produces quality products and service.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining quality and safety performance.
- Perform all work in a safe and secure manner.
- Complete all training within required timeline.
- Demonstrate dependability in all aspects of work.
- Must be able to carry out oral and written instructions in an acceptable manner.
- Resolve problems promptly with minimal adverse impact on functional operation.
- Attend all formal and informal conferences, workshops, training, and seminars as deemed necessary by the supervisor or applicable to the position.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.