Subsidiary: KIRA Government Services
Job Title: Purchaser
Job Location: Beaufort, SC
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The ideal candidate will purchase goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, considering price, quality, and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. Maintain warehouse stock and organization.
- Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets.
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may have an impact on business operations.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities.
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organization.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
- Analytical and mathematical capabilities to compare prices and quantities and consider vendor contract terms.
- Ability to evaluate market conditions and various suppliers.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Willingness to make quick and thoughtful decisions on behalf of the business.
- Effective relationship building skills.
- 2+ years of experience in a purchasing role.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.