Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Job Title: Proposal Manager
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO; Fairfax, VA; Remote
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: 10%
Pay: $125,000 – $150,000
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a rapidly growing family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies owned by the largest Tribe in Alaska (Tlingit & Haida). THTBC engages in business to improve the economic condition of Tlingit & Haida, comprised of over 34,000 Tribal citizens.
For over 35 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US federal contractor worldwide, with employees across the U.S and abroad. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions in the GovCon industry as prime contractor, subcontractor, and member of joint ventures with 100% of the company’s business in the Government contracting (services) industry.
As a Tribally-owned company, THTBC is not subject to acquisition and is among the fastest growing companies in the GovCon industry and so there is no risk of reorganization associated with acquisitions. As a native entity owned company it is eligible to bid (and obtain on a sole source basis) all full and open, small business, 8(a), small, disadvantaged business and HUBZone awarded contracts.
THTBC’s primary business divisions in government services consist of Information technology, Engineering and Professional Services, Base Operations Support Services, Facilities Maintenance, Training, Port Ops/Logistics, Aviation.
THTBC is the awardee of many prestigious industry awards including the National Native Company of the Year and DPW Army Contractor of the Year (global). In addition, the company maintains among the highest employee satisfaction scores for its industry on Glassdoor and prides itself in fostering a company culture of transparency and strong code of business ethics and conduct. The position title and salary range commensurate with experience.
This position reports into the Vice President of Proposals. The candidate selected for this position has significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the Proposals / Business Development Team and beyond.
Scope of Work:
The Proposal Manager oversees proposal activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, developing proposal outlines and compliance matrices, and monitoring the progress of proposals. The Proposal Manager will collaborate and may have the opportunity to engage in business development, capture and marketing support as needed on behalf of the Company.
Key success factors include the ability to plan and manage a schedule, ensure on-time performance, excellent written and verbal skills, the ability to direct resources and daily tasks, and review proposals for accuracy and compliance with RFP instructions.
- Analyze and understand Federal government RFPs and customer requirements and ensure delivery of proposals that meet those requirements.
- Identify and engage appropriate resources for proposal development.
- Manage project resources and timelines to ensure efficient development and on-time delivery of a compliant proposal.
- Lead proposal reviews and coordinate final proposal production/delivery, including graphics development, electronic upload, and printing (if necessary).
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to develop proposal content addressing customer requirements, as well as development of content library for reusable content.
- Maintains focus on win strategy throughout proposal process and infuses strategy effectively throughout, creating compelling documents to enable large-scale, high-profile wins.
- Maintain high-level understanding of company products and services to act as value-add in proposal development.
- Write, edit and proofread proposals and related materials to ensure accuracy, clarity, readability, overall consistency of the language, formats, and styles, ensuring compliance with company guidelines and standards.
- Ensure all aspects of the deliverable are correct and error-free, including grammar, spelling and compliance with all RFP requirements.
- Maintain archival files of all RFPs and completed proposals and presentations.
- Support implementation and maintenance of Proposal Management or Content Management software.
- Embrace proposal-development methodologies and appropriate processes; identify and deploy best practices; and nurture and promote the brand across all channels (Employee, Client, and Corporate).
- Act as secondary reviewer on proposals led by other team members.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing department to assist in writing needs for various print and online materials such as whitepapers, case studies, brochures, flyers, direct mail, web copy, presentations, blog commentary, etc.
- Collaborate with graphic designers to integrate copy with visual concepts and negotiate layout-driven revisions as necessary.
- Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking, and makes situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment.
- Provide mentorship to less-experienced teammates.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation, tracks, monitors, and report data to support proposal services.
- Support continual process improvement.
- Occasionally attend trade shows or conferences on behalf of the company.
- At least five (5) years of experience with proposal preparation and submission in Federal Contracting.
- Proven track record of managing / building a proposal cradle to grave and delivery of a high-quality final product.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet schedules.
- Works well in a team environment and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Capable of leading efforts to achieve set objectives.
- Communicates effectively (verbal and written).
- Keen judgement to escalate issues appropriately.
- Experience working with senior management and organization’s multiple disciplines (technical, product management, marketing, pricing, contracts).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Teams; Sharepoint expertise desired.
- Rudimentary graphic design skills (i.e., familiarity with Illustrator, Photoshop, et al) a plus.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.