Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Pest Controller
Job Location: Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Plan, organize, direct and perform Pest Control Program. Planning includes a five year pest control plan for the entire Rock Island Arsenal.
- Determine approaches, methods and courses such as whether to utilize Integrated Pest Management or Chemical Control Plan and maintain a complete Mosquito Abatement Program.
- Prepare a schedule and make specifications, graphs for outside contractors and oversee work performed and ensure conformance of all regulations.
- Supervise temporary employees hired for pest control or lawn care and prepare schedules and specifications.
- Estimate labor hours and material for major jobs.
- Conform to Federal Game Reserve regulations for preserving wildlife (deer, birds of prey, raccoons, etc.) and endangered species (two species of mussels, Plains Hognose snake, bald eagle).
- Trap and relocate wild animals (skunks, raccoons, groundhogs, etc.).
- Trap or snare and dispose of diseased animals (distemper, rabies) using snares and nets and transporting to proper authorities for humane disposal.
- Inspect and perform preventative maintenance on all escape capsules and other self contained breathing apparatus used by employees.
- Sanitize negative pressure respirators and life lines equipment.
- Clean up hazardous material spills and properly dispose of such materials.
- Keep all records of disposal of hazardous material.
- Operate standard pest control equipment, including calibration.
- Operate JLG lift, tractors and 1 ½ ton truck.
- Make all inspections of general pests and treat.
- Inspect, graph and draw up specifications for treating all buildings for termites.
- Inspect all trees and shrubs for insects and disease.
- Inspect dikes and grounds for groundhog and mole damage and treat same.
- Inspect all buildings for rodent and animal damage.
- Inspect ditches, ponds, and New Jersey light traps for mosquito larvae and count adults from traps to determine treating.
- Order all chemicals and equipment for effective program.
- Keep inventory of chemicals and equipment and label all chemicals and MSDSs with hazardous material identification sticker.
- Conduct liaison with Army Medical department for disease vectors.
- Work with state and federal officials on quarantine problems and treat.
- Maintain records of all inspections.
- Spray and apply herbicides for lawns, grounds and unimproved areas.
- Operate independently and provide technical guidance to lower level workers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- Requires minimum eight years certified state and federal, experience in pest and herbicide control and management.
- Must be State of Illinois certified in the following pest control categories/subcategories:
- Turf (Illinois Department of Agriculture, DOD Category 3)
- Ornamental (Illinois Department of Agriculture, DOD Category 3)
- Right-of-Way (Illinois Department of Agriculture, DOD Category 6)
- Aquatic (Illinois Department of Agriculture, DOD Category 5)
- Mosquito (Illinois Department of Agriculture, DOD Category 8)
- General Use Pesticides (Illinois Department of Health, DOD Category 7)
- Restricted Use Pesticides – Subcategories: Insect, Rodent, and Other Pests; Termites and other (Illinois Department of Health, DOD Category 7)
- Wood Destroying Organisms; Birds; and Wood Products (Illinois Department of Health, DOD Category 7)
- High School diploma or GED.
- Knowledge and ability to use all tools associated with the trade.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Ability to pass pulmonary function test, use a respirator and requires annual blood test and physical.
- May be required to handle or transport hazardous waste.
- May operate from aerial bucket truck occasionally and may have to climb ladders.
- Confined spaces such as steam tunnels and crawl spaces.
- Exposed to pesticides, herbicides and all pest control materials.
- Outside work in all weather conditions and hot and cold temperatures in summer and winter.
- Frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling and reaching above shoulder level. Frequent lifting, carry and/or pushing up to 35 lbs. Occasional lifting, carrying, and/or pushing over 35 lbs. Hot and cold temperatures if equipment is worked on outside.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold/heat, etc.). Outside work in winter, summer, rain, sleet, and snow and on uneven terrain – side hills and slopes.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform on-call duties when and report to work within the required timeframe from notification.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version Pay Transparency -English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.