Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Training Services
Tactical Combat Training System Engineering Technician V
Virginia Beach, VA
Non-Exempt l Union
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This technician performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project, selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts, contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work, reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others. Supervisor or professional engineer outlines objectives, requirements, and design approaches.
- Supports Tactical Combat Training Systems (TCTS) Operations responsibilities, in accordance with all applicable directives and plans, to meet all contract requirements.
- Operate, maintain, and be able to troubleshoot the Tactical Combat Training System (TCTS) components comprised of; Live Monitor (LM)/Mission Line-Up (MLU)/Firewall (FW)/Electronic Warfare Server (EWS)/Electronic Warfare Multiplexor (EW-MUX)/Radar Acquisition Display System (RADS)/Joint Debriefing Subsystem (JDS)/Personal Combat Display System (PCDS)/Individual Combat Aircrew Display System (ICADS), Joint Anti-Air Modeling (JAAM) Link-16 Inject-To-Live (LITL) equipment, and associated displays and computer applications used for aircraft tracking displays and debriefs.
- Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that typically cannot be solved by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM)/Corrective Maintenance (CM) on assigned equipment.
- Performs organizational, intermediate, and depot-level maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Verifies operability after maintenance actions.
- Documents all maintenance actions, isolates malfunctions. Incorporates approved system patches, upgrades and engineering changes as required.
- Maintains TCTS/ITL system components in accordance with PM schedule, Work Instruction (WI’s), as directed by manufacturers’ manuals.
- Performs TCTS/ITL system and network administration tasks.
- Manages JDS workstations by installing and configuring approved software/hardware, administering user accounts.
- Performs software backups.
- Utilizes JDS and UNIX utilities to ensure system security and data integrity.
- Work typically requires detailed understanding of the interrelationships of computer Operational Software (OS) diagnostics and routine operations.
- Performs complex troubleshooting tasks, isolates malfunctions, repairs to the discrete component level if necessary, and incorporates approved engineering changes.
- Exercises independent judgment on tasks such as making circuit and test equipment analyses, and tracing anomalies in signal flow theory.
- Uses of related computer analytical equipment to resolve problems. Provides technical guidance to lower-level technicians.
- Assists mission coordinator/Range Training Officer (RTO) and performs MLU functions when necessary.
- Work may be reviewed by the lead technician for compliance with accepted practices.
- Receives pre-mission data from participating squadron(s) and inputs into MLU.
- Interacts with mission coordinator and/or squadron Operation personnel when data is not received in a timely manner.
- Verifies all information received from the squadron is correct and is accurately reflected on the JDS.
- Will be operationally qualified at designated tech level within 180 days and maintenance qualified within 1 year of hiring.
- Responsible for quality of contractor range functions, to include: operations, scheduling, technical library, security, training, safety, supply, quality assurance, configuration management, and documentation.
- Cross-trained and qualified to operate TCTS/ITL system.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Maintain CPR/AED certification
- Four years computer/electronic systems maintenance in the following areas:
- Digital/analog signal processing;
- Video/audio signal processing and recording;
- Communications (Network/multiplexer equipment, routers, fiber-optic, data encryption equipment);
- Digital computer systems
- Audio/Video systems
- Four years of Tactical Training Range equipment on TCTS/TACTS/ITL preferred.
- Linux Operating System (OS) and network administration experience.
- Microsoft Windows (OS) and network administration experience.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have held prior Tracking Engineering Technician IV position.
- Must possess a valid state Driver’s License.
- Must be able to maintain a Secret clearance.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.