Health and Safety Training Tech
Non – Exempt l CBA
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Perform specific environmental and/or safety support services, Accident/Incident (A&I) Investigations, Safety analyses of different work area/sites and other-directed assignments and conduct Training Classes are required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assists in the day-to-day safety tasks at the work sites to ensure personnel are working in a safe manner (Following set Work Instructions, Job Safety Analysis (JSA)), Task Hazard Analysis (THA)/Start Card, policies and procedures set by the company).
- Instills a safety-first mentality (Safety Culture) within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
- Conducts and documents Safety, Health, and Environmental (SHE) Program Safety inspections of designated work centers, facilities, and field work sites.
- Capable of conducting routine regular safety, health, and environmental inspections of all work areas and provide written reports of the hazard found and provide recommendations detailing corrections and issues addressed to help reduce or eliminate safety hazards.
- Document inspections and assist management in developing corrective action plans and follow up on completion of action plans.
- Supports management in the tracking of corrective actions from initiation through closure.
- Assist the onsite Fire Warden as necessary in the performance of monthly inspections of all fire extinguishers, emergency fire exits, smoke detectors, on-site equipment as well as maintains documentation of each inspection.
- Teaches safety, health, and environmental courses in one or more subjects in commercial, governmental, industrial, or service establishments.
- Prepares instructional safety, health, and environmental programs in accordance with training or other course requirements, assembling material to be presented.
- Instruct students in the theoretical and practical aspects covering the subjects being taught.
- Utilizes such teaching methods as individual coaching, group discussion, lectures, demonstrations, seminars, and workshops.
- Selects or develops teaching aid such as wall charts, prepared notes, tape recordings, television, films, and training handbooks.
- Supervises practical work carried out by students and assists them at points of difficulty.
- Tests students to evaluate their learning progress and evaluate effectiveness of instruction.
- Ensures compliance with the NITE Safety Health and Environmental Management System which includes the NITE Occupational Safety and Health Plan (OSHP) and all supporting policies, procedures, and safety annexes.
- Maintains the approved QA/Safety programs to ensure compliance with requirements in safety, health, and environmental training, environmental concerns, range safety and fire prevention as a minimum.
- Ensure strict compliance to safety practices and support the Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Assists in the development/revision of Work Instructions (WI) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintains FTTR safety, health, and environmental training database and the HAZMAT database.
- Acts as focal point for all safety inspections, reporting, and safety analysis.
- Follows established procedures to ensure achievement of quality, safety, and environmental standards. Complies with all applicable range regulations.
- Ensures HAZMAT compliance and develops HAZMAT related WIs.
- Maintains range Authorized Use List (AUL), Coordinates with NAS Fallon for HAZMAT instructions, procedures, and policy.
- Develops technical and Job Quality Standard (JQSs) training packages.
- Adheres to the Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions in support of the Quality Management System.
- Communicates directly, aids, and identifies solutions for safety related concerns with management, and onsite supervisory personnel.
- Assist Engineering Project Managers with safety planning for projects (reviewing Site Safety Health Plans, Job Site Analyses, safety equipment, etc.)
- Able to perform job safety analyses and create and execute quality control initiatives with business area leads, supervisors, managers, and the Program management Office (PMO).
- Ability to perform post incident investigations involving personal injuries to include detailed reporting and verbally communicating with the West Coast Safety Supervisor, Quality/Safety PMO Manager, Contract Site Manager, Project Manager, and other pertinent parties until all actions have been closed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by either the West Coast Safety Supervisor or the Quality/Safety PMO Manager
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
- Associates Degree in a safety related field or equivalent
- Current Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification or equivalent
- 30-Hour Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) General Industry or Construction Certification required
- 40-Hour Hazard Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) and 8-Hour Refresher Training required
- Four years; experience in training with emphasis on instructor qualifications, record keeping and developing training programs.
- Three years’ knowledge of health and safety issues to include: knowledge of the federal 29 (labor), 40 (environmental) and 49 (transportation) Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) requirements.
- Experience and knowledge of training issues to include research-training requirements, development of training outlines and syllabuses, performs necessary training and maintains records.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- American Heart or American Red Cross Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- First Aid Instructor Certification
- Advanced Emergency Medical Training, either EMT Basic certified or greater
- Formal Hazardous Materials/Hazardous Waste (HAZMAT/HAZWASTE) training within 6 months
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.