Subsidiary: KIRA Services
Job Title: MANPADS Integrated Threat Simulator/Stimulator II
Job Location: Altoona, FL
Labor Category: Non- Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining the MANPADS Integrated Threat Simulator/Stimulator (MITSS), associated equipment and hardware.
- Performs tasks that require physical abilities and effort involving in the setup and operation of the MITSS system.
- May require travel to other locations and ranges in support of operations.
- If required, must be able to be certified to handle and launch pyrotechnics.
- Perform systems maintenance and operations.
- Applies comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents.
- As technician/operator applies technical knowledge in troubleshooting, isolating malfunctions, repairing to the component level, and incorporating engineering changes. Work typically requires detailed understanding of the interrelationships of analog, digital, mechanical, RF operating system diagnostics and circuits.
- Exercises some independent judgement on tasks such as making circuit analysis, calculating waveforms, and tracing relationships in signal flow.
- Uses complex test instruments such as pulse generators, spectrum analyzers, distortion analyzers, and computer analytical equipment.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Can be designated as alternate Laser System Safety Observer (LSSO) and performs duties as Range Safety Officer.
- Cross-trained and qualified to operate at least two additional systems, including WISS scoring system, and networking.
- Documents maintenance actions in IEMS.
- Be able to effectively communicate with military aviators, during combat training missions, in a professional manner.
- Performs courier duties when required.
- High School Diploma
- Formal classroom education equivalent to Navy ''C” School or vocational school, with formal training in the field of electronic equipment maintenance.
- Experience with the following:
- Digital/analog signal processing
- RF systems operation and maintenance
- Electromechanical devices
- Video signal processing and recording
- Communications (multiplexer equipment, routers, bridges, fiber-optic, data encryption equipment)
- Digital computer systems
- DC power supplies
- Test equipment
- Video systems
- Low voltage AC equipment
- Primary and secondary power equipment
- Auto-transfer (UPS) equipment
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Up to date Passport.
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License.
- Must be able to climb stairs to a height of 100 feet.
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid certification.
- May be required to maintain current Safety at Heights climber certification.
- May be required to maintain current Class B Pyrotechnics certification.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.