Subsidiary: KIRA Government Services
Job Title: Machinery Maintenance Mechanic
Job Location: Beaufort, SC
Labor Category: Non-Exempt | CBA-IUOE
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: None
KIRA Government Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Maintenance Mechanic troubleshoots and repairs, and maintains equipment, such as cranes, pumps, compressors, overhead doors, and will perform other duties as assigned.
- Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Examines parts for damage or excessive wear using micrometers and gauges.
- Replaces defective motors and subassemblies.
- May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in a variety of building or utility trades.
- Each complete year of accredited college education in a related field may be substituted for the equivalent number of years of required experience.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
KIRA Government Services offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.