Subsidiary: KIRA Innovation Services
Job Title: Food Services Cook, Lead
Job Location: LOGCAP V – Soto Cono Air Base, Honduras
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work/Responsibilities:
KIRA Innovation Services is currently recruiting for Food Services Cook, Lead on the SOUTHCOM LOGCAP V contract in Soto Cano, Honduras.
- The Food Services Cook independently performs moderately difficult tasks in preparing small quantities of quickly prepared food such as steaks, chops, cutlets, hamburgers, eggs, salads, and other similar items.
- Excludes workers who exercise general supervision over kitchen activities. Display good customer relation skills and take initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Display good leadership skills, lead the team during shift.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Successful completion of training on the safe use of chemicals, understanding of manufacturer’s product labels, and information contained on material safety data sheets (MSDSs) IAW Title 29, Code of Federal Regulation Part 1910.1200 is required. Must demonstrate the ability to prepare food that is compliant with DoD 1338.10-M.
- Must possess the ability to clean food preparation areas IAW MIL-STB-3006C. Licenses/Certifications: Must be capable of completing the certification training IAW the TB Med 530–Tri Service Food Code. Experience: This position must have 3 years of experience working in a commercial or military kitchen.
- Other Qualifications: This position requires skills such as walking, running, climbing, crawling, and jumping and other similar physical activities. The worker must be able to endure the conditions of and be able to work in a commercial kitchen environment.
- Must satisfactorily complete medical clearance requirements.
- Must satisfactorily obtain and maintain the necessary documents (work permit/VISA) to perform work in OCONUS location
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable, but not required.
- Willingness to live and work under environmental and other conditions that may be uncomfortable or hazardous at times.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Requires periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.