Subsidiary: KIRA Government Services
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Supervisor
Job Location: Kennedy Space Center, FL
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This position is part of a team that is providing mission-focused institutional support at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Kennedy Space Center (KSC) and NASA facilities on Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS).
The Heavy Equipment Supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating and directing the operations of all equipment for effective maintenance and repair programs, equipment safety programs and equipment use on company job sites. The position acts as a technical adviser on all equipment issues and assists the management team with equipment budgets and potential equipment purchases.
- Oversees the operation and maintenance functions of the Heavy Equipment department.
- Coordinates work schedules, establishes deadlines and priorities for assigned workforce.
- Assists in developing budgets, identifying staffing requirements and provides estimates for future workload such as IDIQ/Task Orders.
- Selects workers and assigns tasks to be performed on a daily basis.
- Provides instructions to employees on new procedures, provides advice to mitigate problems, review work in progress and upon completion.
- Determines special tools, equipment, supply requirements, and establishes internal shop procedures to support the operation.
- Applies process optimization methodologies such as lean principles and other continuous improvement tools to improve productivity and conserve resources.
- Develops performance standards, counsels’ employees on performance, problems and resolves informal complaints; initiate proposals for formal disciplinary action as necessary.
- Identifies employees' training needs and initiate recommendations to provide required training.
- Perform maintenance on vehicles, heavy equipment and utility vehicles to include scheduled service, repair and overhaul of major components.
- Carries out inspections for all equipment (stationary and mobile).
- Maintains physical conditions of the shop, yard and all its environs.
- Reports O&M status of all equipment and vehicles.
- Maintains and enhances preventive maintenance program and associated inventory.
- Develop in conjunction with logistics, maintains an efficient inventory system.
- Supervises operations of mobile cranes, forklifts, tug/transporter combinations and tug/semi-trailer combinations.
- Develops a failure mode maintenance plan to minimize down time.
- Assist in developing financial strategies that support organizational goals and efficiencies.
- Maintain ISO and OSHA effective records management.
- Build relationships with all customers (internal/external).
- Serves as a knowledge base in guiding the organization.
- Generate weekly status and operational reports of jobs and equipment.
- Maintains a safe working environment and creates a proactive safety culture.
- Ensures records management using MAXIMO and MS OFFICE.
- Performs duties in compliance with Federal, State, local, NASA and Air Force laws and regulations and requirements and KSC/CCAFS energy management conservation regulations, collective bargaining agreements, security, safety, hurricane and other specialized programs or contractual requirements relating to the business of the section, working within the limits of established policy.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy.
- 2 Year Vocational Degree or equivalent Military Experience with 3 years of work-related skills, knowledge, and experience OR 5 years of direct work-related skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Knowledge of federal and state DOT regulations/compliances.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment and Crane / Rigging operations.
- Experience in diagnosing and repairing heavy equipment, trucks, light vehicles Diesel, gasoline and electric.
- Solid ability to manage technical problems and directing a team to complete tasks with quality and on time.
- Prior experience in a management function, responsible for performance reviews, daily task management, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Mechanical background to have technical conversations with Customers, Technicians, and Technical Communicators.
- Strong communication skill, both written and verbal, to be able to communicate with a wide variety of personnel including internal and external customers.
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to operate and service various rotating equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of computers and work-related computer programs associated with the position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, area permit(s), job related licenses, certifications etc. required by Federal, State, local, NASA and Air Force standards, rules, and regulations.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job including:
- Lift, push, pull, and carry heavy objects exceeding 30 pounds.
- Walk, stand, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl and bend/twist body for extended periods of time.
- Work at heights
- Walk up/down stairs frequently
- Climb ladders and scaffolding
- Use hands to handle, control, feel objects, tools and make adjustments to equipment controls.
- Frequently perform repetitive movements.
- Ability to correctly perform with corrective devices, tasks that require close visual acuity, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Wear job/task related/required PPE: i.e. safety shoes, hearing / eye protection, hard hat, respirators, gloves, fall protection etc.
- Tolerate in and outdoor extreme cold, heat and humid conditions for extended periods of time
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and electrical shock hazards.
- May be required to work a flexible work schedule and on alternating work days to meet mission and customer requirements.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.