Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Job Location: Mid-Atlantic Electronic Warfare Range, NC
Labor Category: Non- Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
This role will support operations on the Mid-Atlantic Electronic Warfare Range.
- Transport and perform repairs of heavy mobile and powered support equipment such as forklifts, tractors, medium duty trucks, heavy mobile trailers, diesel generators and air compressors, etc.
- Complete repairs on work orders; test for no further complications.
- Locate worn, dirty or poorly adjusted parts and makes necessary repairs such as cleaning fuel systems; make RPM adjustments; replace voltage regulators, controllers, motors, gearboxes, heaters and other comparable items; removes, cleans and replaces fuel tanks and radiators.
- Remove/replace power packs, road wheel arms and hub assemblies.
- Perform variety of less complex maintenance functions such as replacing fluids, changing the oil and oil filters, lubricating, and repairing tires.
- May perform daily and other preventive maintenance checks and services on equipment while in remote locations. May perform structural repairs to chassis and body utilizing various welding and cutting processes.
- Provide technical assistance to unit personnel on performance of operator, organizational maintenance procedures.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in a variety of building or utility trades.
- Must possess a class A CDL.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Experience involving the maintenance, repair, and modification of heavy duty vehicles and mobile equipment which have utility systems or special hydraulic pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, or electronic systems, features, or controls; i.e., Mobile Visual Cues, (MVC) and High Fidelity Threat Identifier, (HFTI)
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.