Subsidiary: KIRA Construction Management
Job Title: Harbor Pilot/Craftmaster
Job Location: Naval Station Guantanamo Bay, Cuba – GTMO
Labor Category: Exempt – Expatriate
Clearance Requirement: Must be able to obtain required clearance
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
KIRA Construction Management is currently seeking a Harbor Pilot/Craftmaster in direct support of the Port Operations Guantanamo Bay contract in Cuba.
- The Harbor Pilot will supervise Contractor personnel in docking, berthing, mooring and directs operations of all classes of vessels and barges.
- Direct courses and speeds of ships, based on specialized knowledge of local winds, weather, water depths, tides, currents, and hazards.
- Prevent ships under navigational control from engaging in unsafe operations.
- Serve as a vessel's docking master upon arrival at a port or at a berth.
- Consult maps, charts, weather reports, or navigation equipment to determine and direct ship movements.
- Steer and operate vessels, using radios, depth finders, radars, lights, buoys, or lighthouses.
- Operate ship-to-shore radios to exchange information needed for ship operations.
- Dock or undock vessels, sometimes maneuvering through narrow spaces, such as locks
- Stand watches on vessels during specified periods while vessels are under way
- Inspect vessels to ensure efficient and safe operation of vessels and equipment and conformance to regulations
- Read gauges to verify sufficient levels of hydraulic fluid, air pressure, or oxygen.
Candidates must meet both Craftmaster and Harbor Pilot requirements as identified below.
- Must have: (1) prior Navy boat operating experience and have prior (NEC) 0161 qualifications OR (2) a minimum of a USCG Master License on Near Coastal Waters for Motor vessels of 200 Gross Tons with towing endorsement.
- In addition to the NEC 0161 qualification and/or the USGC Masters License, all Craftmasters must have at least 5 years documented experience operating harbor tugs or point-to-point ferry operations. This includes experience operating under conditions requiring precise navigation, station keeping, close quarter maneuvering, anchoring, and specialized testing operations.
- Shall be an experienced marine radio operator, understand international and inland rules-of-the-road and proficiently operate radar and other navigational aids.
- Must also be familiar with administrative ship business and demonstrate overall charge of the vessel.
- Harbor Pilot:
- Must have (1) prior Navy boat handling experience and hold a Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) 0215 (harbor/docking pilot) with 10 years’ experience piloting Naval ships OR (2) hold a Coast Guard issued master license with a 1st class pilot endorsement with 10 years' experience.
- Must have experience in ship movement, docking, berthing, and mooring in close quarters harbor environments.
- Other Requirements:
- This position requires skills such as walking, running, climbing, crawling, and jumping and other similar physical activities. The worker must be able to endure extreme climate conditions and be able to work in an outdoor setting
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice.
- May require periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Microsoft Office software experience (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Positions requires use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle. As such, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification. Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Demonstrate leadership by modeling desired behaviors appropriate to the work environment and adhering to the company values, vision and operating principles.
- Perform all assigned duties in accordance with established policies, procedures, and directives.
- Display courtesy and skill in dealing with internal and external customers, coworkers, and management.
- Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Accurately maintain and update records to enable quick and efficient retrieval of information.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.