Job Title: General Maintenance Worker
Job Location: Fallon, VA
Schedule: Full Time
Job Classification: Non-Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The general maintenance worker performs General maintenance, preventive maintenance and repairs or replacement to real property facilities and equipment. Performs all work in a safe and secure manner. Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, and to work well with customers, other employees, and management. Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.). Must be able to perform on-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour when contacted.
- Performs general maintenance and repair of buildings, requiring practical skills and knowledge.
- Performs general, non-specialized tasks in the maintenance of supporting facilities.
- Under general supervision, uses general-purpose tractors, power tools, and hand tools.
- Performs minor maintenance/repair such as replacing light bulbs, replace light fixtures, repairing flooring, minor building maintenance, and grounds keeping
- Clears clogged drains and replaces plumbing fixtures.
- Documents maintenance actions in IEMS system.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience
- High School Diploma required
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Obtains military vehicle operator’s certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.