KIRA Government Services
General Maintenance Worker – HVAC
Non-Exempt | CBA-IUOE
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The General Maintenance Worker performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in the HVAC trade.
- Perform general preventive maintenance duties on HVAC equipment.
- Clean condenser coils.
- Change HVAC filters.
- Check and replace belts.
- Check and clear condensate drain lines.
- Perform maintenance on ice machines.
- Check and grease pump bearings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in a variety of building and/or utility trades. Each complete year of accredited college education in a related field may be substituted for the equivalent number of years of required experience.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow policies, procedures and operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and bend down or stoop frequently
- Must have ability to maintain assigned work hours
- Must have endurance to perform repetitive tasks over long periods of time
- Must be able to life at least 50 lbs.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.