Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
KIRA Government Services
General Maintenance Worker
Des Moines, IA/Lincoln, NE
Non-Exempt | SCA
$24.14/hr + H & W of $4.75/hr up to 40 hours per week
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide facilities maintenance support through the performance of general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings across the 88th Des Moines Region (Nebraska/Iowa).
- Perform general maintenance and repair of buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge in such trades as carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and low voltage electrical work.
- Perform a wide variety of preventative maintenance duties such as but not limited to: replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors, using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings, repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets painting structures and equipment; repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks, replacing damaged paneling and floor tiles, hanging doors and installing door locks, replacing broken window panes, and performing general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Perform cleaning and housekeeping required in performance of normal maintenance activities.
- Serve as the focal point for customers in the performance of repair and maintenance work.
- Ensure all maintenance equipment/tools are properly functioning and maintained.
- On-site during normal business hours and must be able to handle emergencies after hours.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and safety regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in commercial facilities.
- As applicable, position/contract may require technician to hold and maintain professional certifications and licenses in compliance with federal, state, local requirements (e.g., Backflow Certification, EPA Certification, HVAC Certification, NFPA 70/70E Qualified, Nationally Recognized Certificate).
- Position requires routine and recurring travel to various facility locations across Des Moines Region. Personnel will be paid pursuant to the company travel policy and applicable regulations.
- Effective verbal and written communication (English) and must be able to read and understand the signs, signals, and operating instructions.
- Must be able to travel with short notice including overnight stay.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong computer skills to complete data entry into work management system (e.g., Maximo)
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must be able to perform on-call duties when scheduled and report to work within one hour of notification.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- All Contractor personnel shall be physically and medically qualified for performing the duties to which they are assigned (EM-385-1-1) to include lifting objects weighing 60 pounds.
- Work may be performed in an outdoor setting with exposure all sorts of inclement weather.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.