General Maintenance Mechanic
North Charleston, SC
Non-Exempt | CBA-IUOE
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The General Maintenance Mechanic performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and machinery
- Repair minor holes and cracks in walls, ceilings and stairwells using plaster or compound.
- Repair or replace sinks, water coolers, and toilets.
- Paint structures and equipment.
- Repair or replace concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks.
- Repair or replace damaged carpet floor tiles.
- Install doors and door locks.
- Repair or replace broken windowpanes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- As a federal contractor, THTBC is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination and/or testing requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status and employment is conditioned on meeting all customer and contractual requirements.
- Minimum of four (4) years related experience and/or formal vocational/technical training in a variety of building and/or utility trades.
- General knowledge and practical skills in trades such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, and masonry.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, and have a safe driving record, as defined by company policy, to operate a company vehicle on government facilities.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Possess and demonstrate a courteous and positive attitude toward customers.
- Ability to follow basic operating instructions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful completions of assigned tasks.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Properly fill out all necessary paperwork related to work performed.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must have ability to maintain assigned work hours.
- Must be able to life at least 50 lbs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.