Subsidiary: T&H Services
Job Title: General Laborer
Job Location: Blackstone, VA
Labor Category: Non-Exempt | SCA
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The General Laborer performs general work as assigned.
- The Laborer loads and unloads trucks, and other conveyances.
- Moves supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrow or hand truck.
- Stacks materials for storage or binning.
- Collects refuse and salvageable materials, and digs, fills, and tamps earth excavations.
- The Laborer levels ground using pick, shovel, tamper and rake.
- Shovels concrete and snow.
- Cleans culverts and ditches.
- Cuts tree and brush.
- Operates power lawnmowers.
- Moves and arranges heavy pieces of office and household furniture, equipment, and appliance.
- Moves heavy pieces of automotive, medical engineering, and other types of machinery and equipment.
- Spreads sand and salt on icy roads and walkways.
- Picks up leaves and trash.
- Clean and recycling of firing range live fire shoot house, MOUT, explosive pads, and other assigned facilities to include removing all brass, vehicle debris, cleaning all surfaces of debris.
- Cleaning to acceptable health and safety levels surfaces and areas for lead, gunpowder, and frangible ammo.
- Responsible for cleaning of bullet traps.
- Replacing electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors.
- Using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, and toilets.
- Painting structures and equipment.
- Repairing or replacing concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements and company policy
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret clearance.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Must have knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must have a basic knowledge of custodial, recycling, and working with hazardous materials.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test, criminal record check, and motor vehicle check.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.