KIRA Training Services LLC
Rock Island Arsenal, Rock Island, IL
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform the duties of a General Laborer at the Rock Island Arsenal property.
- Loads and unloads trucks, and other conveyances, moves supplies and materials to the proper location by wheelbarrow or hand truck
- Stacks materials for storage or binning, collects refuse and salvageable materials, and digs, fills, and tamps earth excavations
- Levels ground using pick, shovel, tamper and/or rake, shovels concrete and snow.
- Cleans culverts and ditches, cuts tree and brush and operates power lawnmowers.
- Moves and arranges heavy pieces of office and household furniture, equipment, and appliance, moves heavy pieces of automotive, medical engineering, and other types of machinery and equipment.
- Spreads sand and salt on icy roads and walkways and picks up leaves and trash.
- Work is generally performed outside, in all types of weather, including periods of extreme hot and cold.
- Assists in various trades tasks.
- May assist Pest Controller in the application of pesticides.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- One year of experience gaining the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the requirements of the position. Preferred experience operating the following equipment but not limited to: jackhammer, ground tamper, gas-powered concrete saw, torch cutting equipment, train operations, trucks under four tons.
- Must possess the ability to use aerial bucket truck and climb ladders.
- May be required to handle or transport hazardous waste and chemicals.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State Driver’s License as required by the position. Must possess the ability to maintain DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate (DOT card).
- Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete pre-employment screening to include Motor Vehicle Record check.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.). Outside work in winter, summer, rain, sleet, and snow and on uneven terrain – side hills and slopes.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform On-call duties when necessary and report to work within the required timeframe from notification.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Duties will require frequent periods of bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, and reaching above shoulder level, and kneeling. Occasionally require periods of crawling and climbing.
- Must possess the ability to work in confined spaces such as manholes, steam tunnels and pump stations.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid Disability, Basic Life and AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary Life and AD&D for dependents
- Vacation, Sick Time and PTO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran’s status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency –Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.