Job Title: Fire Sprinkler Technician
Location: US-CO-FT. Carson
Hourly Rate: USD $/Hr. $29.99
The Fire Sprinkler Technician inspects, tests and repairs life safety and fire sprinkler systems from a variety of manufacturers. Qualified candidate must have strong communications skills and the ability to provide accurate and detailed reports. NICET Level II or III, Fire Sprinkler, and Backflow certifications preferred. Position will include some or all of the duties below.
- Test and inspect all Fire Suppression systems Annually
- Test and Inspect all Backflow devices and be able to repair if needed.
- Write up Annual Fire Suppression & Backflow reports
- Filing all reports & give copies to each entity that requests copies of the reports
- Knowledge of Fire Sprinkler NFPA codes
- Inspect building Fire Suppression Systems & be able to identify NFPA code violations
- Ability to make any Fire Suppression System repairs found during Annual Inspections
- Knowledge of Fire Alarm Panels (how to use the walk test, silence, reset and disable devices).
- Ability to test Dry/Pre-Action/Deluge valve systems
- Ability to take the above valves apart to clean, inspect and repair all components
- Test Anti-Freeze systems (glycol & glycerin) take test samples and read the test samples
- Ability to make emergency repairs 24/7 to all parts of the Fire Suppression system
- Ability to carry ladders, pipe, backflows, valves etc… up and down ladders and stairs (up to 75lbs.)
- Ability to set flow switches, pressure switches, air pressure regulators & air maintenance devices
- Proficient knowledge/use of all hand & power tools
Proficient knowledge/use of threading machines, core drillers, groves &pipe wheel cutters
- Inspect, test &repair Foam Generators/ Fire Suppression systems
- Inspect, test & repair Fire Pumps, Jockey Pumps and Controllers
- Coordinate Annual Inspections & repairs with high priority buildings POC's
- Coordinate water damage repairs with Supervisor, FSBP, other shops & contractors
- Update SOP's & JSAs, write New SOP's & JSAs as needed
- Complete JSA’s daily, Acquire quotes from vendors & contractors
- Submit Purchase Requests with attached quotes from vendors and contractors
- Drain all low point drains on Dry/Pre-Action Systems to prevent freezing
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record within the past 36 months, as defined by Company policy
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and carry for 50 feet.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.