Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: Event Manager
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Pay: $55,000 – $70,000
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Event Manager provides event operation oversight and management by taking a lead role in the planning and execution of events. This position also supports the implementation of best practices and the adoption of high standards of excellence for all events.
- Provide cradle to grave oversight of event planning, staffing, preparation, and management for USAF Academy events.
- Develop and implement improved methods of event management to promote efficiency, service, and reducing costs.
- Conducts short- and long-term planning and management for scheduled and unscheduled events.
- Staff and manage diverse team of employees and volunteers to cultivate operational success.
- Evaluates each event to ensure appropriate material and labor are allocated.
- Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events.
- Generate and review employee timesheets for payroll processing.
- Train, supervise, and oversee event staff.
- Coordinate logistics for each event to include vehicle and material allocation.
- Maintain event material inventory control and accountability.
- Contribute to high-level management status and planning meetings.
- Anticipate event management obstacles and resolve promptly. Provides regular reporting to senior management on event issues as appropriate.
- Process post event after action reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Three (3) years’ of working experience providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job successfully.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to all patrons and guests.
- Ability to work closely with fellow team members and event management.
- Demonstrates strong inter-personal and communication skills as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve, manage multiple tasks and priorities and make an informed decision independently.
- Reliability and flexibility related to work schedule.
- Desire to learn and adapt to a quick and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to recognize and respond to emergencies.
- Ability to display a positive attitude for all patrons and staff.
- Arrives prepared and on time for work with reliable transportation.
- Positively promotes Company to peers and patrons and takes initiative to be involved throughout events.
- Must be able to work weekends and some holidays
- Must be able to gain access to the US Military installation where work is to be performed
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedule to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, and walking. Physically fit to lift up to 50 lbs. Willing to complete other tasks assigned by management in support of event requirements.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate a Company vehicle. Must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy, to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check, as applicable.
- Conflict Management
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Working with a Diverse Constituency
- Work Independently and with a Team
- Work in a Fast Paced Environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.