Subsidiary: VP KIRA
Job Title: ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN IV – Mechanical Technician
Department: Facility Operations/Maintenance
Job Location: Greenbelt, MD
Labor Category: Non- Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
Maintain & repair equipment related to commercial/industrial equipment used in HVAC, Clean Rooms, Thermal Vacuum Chambers, Vibration Test Equipment and general building facilities and equipment. Read, write and interpret drawings and blueprints, in order to perform component level repairs and cost estimate. Must have general mechanical aptitude to perform other maintenance duties as assigned. Ability to work safely, follow directions and conduct quality and safety inspections. Must have the ability to make decisions, follow directions, and interact well with co-workers and customers. Understand and follow posted work rules/procedures and to accept constructive criticism. Some shift work and scheduled overtime will be required, as well as travel to other sites. May be cross-utilized and cross-trained to support all groups within Functional Support in order to develop mutually useful skills.
- Install, replace, and repair equipment related to commercial/industrial systems, including chillers, absorbers, generators, compressors, air handlers, refrigerant systems, and associated control systems.
- Repair and maintain other facilities and physical plant systems, including cranes, pumps, compressors, roll up doors, compressed air systems, water supply and filter systems.
- Read, write and interpret drawings, blueprints and schematics in order to perform component level repairs and cost estimates.
- Must have general mechanical aptitude to perform other preventative maintenance duties as assigned.
- Ability to work safely, follow directions and conduct quality and safety inspections. Must understand and follow posted work rules/procedures. Knowledge and experience with computer based work order systems will be helpful.
- May perform other duties associated within area of assignment as directed by lead personnel or management.
- May be required to work on rotating shifts to meet production schedules
- Education or years’ experience commensurate with skill level required for position complexity as determined by management. At least five years direct experience in Mechanical trades working with commercial/industrial building systems and facilities equipment.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of related building codes regulations and ordinances. Proven ability to effectively read, interpret and work from plans, schematics and drawings. Prior experience in project estimation of labor, materials and equipment will be helpful.
- Experience working in high-sensitivity environments (ie, clean rooms) is desired
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions from Leads, engineering or management.
- Ability to use own judgment and decisions to allow continuity of work flow.
- Must be self-motivated and a “Team Player” with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to organize time, assignments and properly prioritize efforts for maximum effectiveness.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be capable of passing required physical examinations and successfully completing assigned training or other required training or certifications as directed by ETIS III management.
- Ability to work well and interact with other maintenance & engineering personnel
- Ability to adapt to weekend and holiday support on short notice and extended hours as required.
- Flexibility to adjust to last minute changes in job priorities, disruptions due to daily exigencies,
- Regular daily attendance and reporting on time is required to maintain shift effectiveness. Overtime (holidays, weekends, scheduled and unscheduled) and shift work may be required.
- Works from ladders, scaffolding, catwalks, cranes, boatswain chairs, suspended platforms or cages, etc.
- Works while bending, standing, stooping, kneeling or in a prone position for extended time periods.
- Works in closely confined spaces.
- Lift and carry items up to 35 pounds.
- Pushes and pulls heavy objects.
- Ability to use hearing and vision protection and respiratory equipment.
- Ability to distinguish eight color panel display.
- Work indoors and out in high and low temperatures and in all types of weather conditions.
- Work in dusty, noisy, hot, high humidity, dirty, and greasy environment.
- Work in areas where there may be materials that are irritating to eyes, nose, throat and skin while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Work with other personnel in a group that is team-oriented.
- Accept and work within established policies and procedures pertaining to company rules and regulations.
Equipment And Machines Involved In Work Task
- Up to 1½ ton trucks and vehicles.
- Forklifts, Cranes
- Man lifts such as JLG, scissor lifts, etc
- Mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic hand tools.
- Desktop computers utilizing Microsoft Office Suite software including Word and Excel.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.