Subsidiary: KIRA Aerospace
Job Title: Electronic Technician Journeyman
Job Location: Wallops Island, VA
Labor Category: Non- Exempt – Union
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Electronic Technician Journeyman will provide support to NASA’s sounding rocket experiments.
- Responsible for performing routine, non‐routine, and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project
- May train and be assisted by lower level technicians
- Work on various types of electronic equipment and related devices by performing one or a combination of the following: installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying, constructing, and testing
- Work requires practical application of technical knowledge of electronic principles, ability to determine malfunctions, and skill to put equipment in required operating condition.
- Work closely with telemetry engineers building up airborne telemetry system, including payload construction, wire harnesses, test cables for component, circuit card assembly, and deck testing
- Direct and oversee packing and unpacking of payloads and required equipment for field operations and escort payloads to the field for testing, build‐up, and launch
- Tasks will involve acceptance and qualification testing of all types of telemetry components
- Operate and perform preventative maintenance on telemetry ground station equipment during component and payload checks both at Building F–10 and remote stations
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
- Minimum 8 years of general experience, 6 years as an electronic technician or a total of 10 years of general electronic experience
- Associate Degree in Electronic Technology or equivalent military/trade school training.
- Technical knowledge of electronic principles and ability to use schematics in such areas as drafting, designing, equipment construction, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge and understanding of airborne telemetry systems including wiring, installation of payload components, performance of initial payload checks, and ground station pre‐launch testing and launch support
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of electronic test equipment to support component / payload testing and checkout of prototype electronic instrumentation
- Training or certification in the following may be required:
- Crimp, Cable, and Harness Certification per NASA‐STD‐8739.4 w/Change 6
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control per GPR 8730.6A
- Mate / Demate per NASA‐STD‐8739.4 w/Change 6
- General Safety Awareness, IT Security, Environmental Compliance, and Personnel Safety and Health
- Hazardous Materials Handlers (see Safety and Health Plan)
- Ordnance / Pyrotechnics Certification per GSFC / WFF 800‐PG‐8715.0.2C
- Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies per ANSI / J‐STD‐001F
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.