Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The Custodian is responsible for keeping offices, buildings and facilities in clean and orderly condition. Duties may include performing unscheduled activities, notifying management of the need for servicing, and additional cleaning.
- Perform periodic cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming
- Gathers and empties trash to include trashcans in the close proximity of exterior main entrances
- Services, supplies and cleans restrooms
- Cleans and polishes furniture drinking fountain fixtures, windows, glass partitions and mirrors using appropriate cleaning products and sponges
- Dusting of office furniture, walls machines and equipment
- Mixes water and detergents in containers according to product specifications to prevent damage to floors, fixtures or furniture
- Spot clean or shampoo carpets, strip, seal, finish and polish floors
- Drives vehicles (Vans) for travel to various worksites
- May have to move equipment and supplies either manually or by using a hand truck
- Notifies leads and/or manager of need of any major equipment repairs or additions needed in custodial services
- Informs leads and/or manager of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
- Wash, dry and fold rags, towels, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High School diploma
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards, and standard safety practices.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- The position requires the operation of personal vehicles for company business.
- As such, employees holding jobs requiring regular driving for business as an essential job function must, as a condition of employment, be able to meet the driver approval standards and abide by the personal vehicle usage policy.
- Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold/heat, etc.).
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
- Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Accrued vacation and sick leave (prorated)
- Holiday pay (prorated)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.