Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Construction Manager
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Travel Requirement: N/A
Pay: $77,000 – $87,000
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide construction management and inspection oversight for the 10th Civil Engineer Squadron construction projects at the United States Air Force Academy. This position is responsible for multiple large- and small-scale construction projects and oversees no less than six (6) construction inspectors.
- The Construction Manager (CM) coordinates with all applicable USAFA agencies in the execution of SRM, MILCON, NAF, AFCEC and other funded construction projects.
- The CM coordinates schedules with customers and base leadership to deconflict construction activities with Academy events and monitors construction progress to ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Prepares Change Order packages and provides technical advice in coordination with the project engineer/manager to the USAFA Contracting Officers.
- Submits funding requests for approved change orders in coordination with the project engineer/manager.
- Assists with design reviews and help minimize design related change orders and time growth.
- Prepares weekly briefing slides and/or spreadsheets on construction status.
- Prepares monthly construction reports.
- Is responsible for the creation, compilation and disposition of standard operating procedures and Work Instructions pertaining to constructions management.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities over a team of employees in achieving and supporting specific tasks related to construction management operations.
- Sets goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans, mission, and vision.
- Organizes workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Monitors employee productivity and providing constructive feedback and coaching.
- Disseminates information from upper management to employees and vice versa.
- Interviews, hires, and trains new employees.
- Ensures adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises.
- Promptly addresses complaints and resolve problems appropriately.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum seven (7) years’ specialized experience as a construction manager or supervisor of engineering, construction, or maintenance engineering crews.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in supervision of, and familiarity with, the activities of construction engineer, construction engineer inspector, or residential and commercial building inspections or design.
- Specialized experience in Simplified Acquisition Building Engineering Requirements (SABER) management and administration is preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, specialized training, and experience in construction management
- Knowledge of office computer software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) is required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (Tier 1) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid Colorado state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• Hospital Indemnity Plan
• Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
• Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
• Accrued vacation and sick time
• 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.