Subsidiary: KIRA Training Services
Job Title: Construction Inspector
Job Location: USAF Academy, CO
Labor Category: Non – Exempt
Clearance Requirement: Public Trust
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies whollyowned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The purpose of this position is to apply theory and principles of engineering in overseeing construction and maintenance of structures and facilities under construction, repair, or renovation at the United States Air Force Academy.
- Incumbent is responsible for all phases of construction oversight and inspection, reporting, review of design documents, as-built drawings and contractor submittals.
- Inspect and oversee construction work to ensure that procedures and materials comply with plans and specifications.
- Observe work in progress to ensure that procedures followed, and materials used conform to specifications.
- Examine quality of finished installations for conformity to standard and approve installation.
- Interpret blueprints and specifications for contractor (construction) and resolves deviations from specified construction procedures to ensure compliance with regulations governing construction.
- Inspect construction to determine soundness and compliance with specifications, building codes, and other regulations.
- Inspections may be general in nature or may be limited to a specific area, such as electrical systems or plumbing.
- Maintain daily log of construction and inspection activities and compare progress reports.
- Interface with design engineers on problem resolution, developing government estimates for contract change modifications and providing technical support as needed.
- Approve and sign contractor submittals that meet required specifications.
- Coordinate utility and road outages with appropriate agencies.
- Provide superior customer service and construction updates throughout construction period.
- Compute monthly estimates of work completed and approve payment for contractors.
- Records quantities of materials received or used during specified periods.
- Prepare sketches of construction installations that deviate from blueprints and reports such changes for incorporation on master blueprints.
- Evaluate premises for cleanliness, including garbage disposal and lack of vermin infestation.
- Ensure contractor maintains safe working environment and minimizes construction debris.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must be vaccinated in accordance with all Executive Orders, Government mandates or requirements, contractual requirements, and company policy
- Minimum of three (3) years’ of specialized experience as a construction inspector gaining the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties as identified above.
- One (1) year experience in residential, industrial, and/or commercial building inspections or design.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- Vocational/technical training desired.
- Knowledge of office automation software (MS Windows, MS Office, including PowerPoint, Word, Access, and Excel) required.
- Must be able to successfully complete a Tier 1 (NACI) background check.
- Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
- For positions requiring use of a Company and/or Customer vehicle, must have a safe driving record, as defined by Company policy.
- Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Ability to update, write clear and comprehensive and informative reports.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret technical data.
- Perform recurring work independently with little or no additional instruction.
- Must be able to work alternate and extended shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer to include weekends and holidays.
- Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO Information-English Version
EEO Information-Spanish Version
Pay Transparency -English Version
Pay Transparency -Spanish Version
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.