Website Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation
Subsidiary: KIRA Training
Job Title: Architect
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Labor Category: Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% of the time
Pay: $85,000 – $95,000
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
Scope of Work:
The ideal candidate a strong architecture background supporting base operations.
- Research, plan, design, and administer building projects for clients, applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials:
- Consult with client to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepare information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Plan layout of project and integrate engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- Prepare scale drawings and contract documents for building contractors.
- Manage A-E project designs as Project Manager and prepare applicable contracting drawings.
- Represent client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
- Administer construction contracts and conduct periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
- Manage the academy designation as an historical district.
- Maintain 5-yr infrastructure plans.
- Have in-depth experience in civil or structural engineering design, cost estimating, project management, and facilities maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect in the State of Colorado
- In-depth experience in all aspects of architectural design, planning, development of construction and engineering documents (plans and specifications), and construction and project management that covers the types of facilities and physical assets present at USAFA.
- Experience in historic preservation, modern architecture, sustainable design, and current university planning and design trends is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in modernistic architecture is desired.
THTBC offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Company paid disability, basic life & AD&D
- Employee paid voluntary life and AD&D for dependents
- Accrued vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.